Have you ever considered volunteering at the library? We have opportunities for all ages and abilities. Check out the options below to see which one you would be most interested in.
Book Pick Up
- Book Pick Up at Starr Books in Douglassville
Tuesdays: Pick up 10-12 boxes of books that they can’t use and bring them to the library for us to sort through to add to our collection, use at our book sales, and use for the book consignment program we participate in.
- Book Pick Up from the Oley Library for Fed Ex
Fridays or Saturdays: Pick up boxes of books (usually 2-5 boxes at a time) from the library and take them to any FedEx Service Center to be shipped to the library consignment program. The boxes are already packaged, labeled and paid for.
You can sign up for either of the above opportunities here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0549a9a728a2f94-book10#/
In Library Volunteering
- We have a variety of activities that can be done anytime, we just ask that you call the library (484-491-1278) before you come to make sure we have opportunities available:
- Shelf Reading & Straightening – Scan the shelves and make sure books are in order. If you are not familiar with the Dewey Decimal System, someone at the library can teach you.
- Clean STEM Kits – Take out the pieces for STEM Kits, clean pieces that are washable & make sure that all pieces are accounted for.
- Displays – Help with designing book displays and/or bulletin boards.
- Other activities as needed.
- Program Facilitators
- Craft Night Leader – all craft supplies are provided, we are just looking for people who would be interested in helping the families and kids by giving instructions and helping with making the crafts if they need help.
- Book Sale Set Up/Clean Up – in the spring we need help with setting up the tables and books that we’ll be selling at the fairgrounds several times throughout the spring, summer and fall. In the fall, we need help with packing up the books and taking down the tables.
- Day of Help – We need volunteers who would like to assist at the book sales themselves by straightening the tables, putting out more books, and volunteering as cashier.
Substitute Desk Clerk
From time-to-time we need a volunteer to work at the circulation desk when the person normally scheduled has an appointment, a meeting, is sick, or is on vacation. We will be holding training sessions in January & February for those who are interested in this opportunity.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or stop in the library and ask for Jennifer.
LEAVE A COMMENT